We love our smoothies at Parsley Health—quick, nutrient-packed and delicious…. What’s not to love about that?
When I’m looking to whip up a fast breakfast on these cool winter mornings, this smoothie has been my go to. What I love about it most is the cinnamon, a warming spice that helps to make this smoothie winter friendly and also helps stabilize blood sugar.
The healthy highlights of this smoothie
- Kale: Provides you with an array of vitamins such as Vitamin C, K, A and B6,as well as important minerals and antioxidants.
- Hemp seeds: A fantastic plant-based protein and contain essential fatty acids such as Omega 3, 6 and GLA, which help to prevent and decrease inflammation in the body.
- Ground flax seeds: High in fiber and when eaten regularly can improve heart health and digestion.
- Almond butter: another great source of plant based protein and contains a good amount of Vitamin E, which is a very important nutrient for skin health.
This powerful combination of healthy fat, protein and fiber helps to keep you satisfied and satiated until lunch time rolls around. If you want to sweeten it up, you can certainly add a bit more blueberry to adjust to your palette.
Meet the doctor with zero wait times and $0 co-pays.
Blueberry Almond Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup of kale
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp of cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- a few ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend on high until smooth
- 476 Calories, Fat 32g, Carbs 39g, Protein 18g (powered by Edamam.com)
Looking for more smoothie recipes?
Check out this decadent Cherry Crunch Cacao smoothie, our Energizing Matcha Smoothie for days you need an extra boost, or the Immune Boosting Orange Crush Smoothie to help support your skin, hair and brain health.