Electronic Communications Consent
Electronic Communications Consent
Parsley Health, Inc. (“Parsley Health”) offers our members the ability to communicate with Parsley Health about their health and health care through email and text message (also known as SMS). The primary purpose of these communications will be for Parsley Health to inform you of the status of your orders, appointment schedules and reminders, and other information about products and services that you order and obtain from Parsley Health. By agreeing to this Consent, you are authorizing Parsley Health to communicate with you by unencrypted email and text message. We recognize that email and text messaging are not a completely secure means of communication and want you to be informed about the risks of using email and text messages. You do not need to agree to this consent in order to receive services or purchase our products.
Risk of using unencrypted email and text messages. The use of unencrypted email and text messages has a number of risks that you should consider. These risks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Emails and texts can be forwarded, intercepted, altered, and broadcast to unintended recipients without authorization or detection.
- Senders can misaddress an email or text and send the information to an undesired recipient.
- Backup copies of emails and texts may exist even after the sender/recipient has deleted their copy.
- Employers and online services have a right to inspect emails and texts sent through their company systems.
- Cell phones and other personal devices containing emails and texts can be lost or stolen resulting in disclosure of messages to unauthorized individuals.
Conditions for the use of email and text messages. Parsley Health cannot guarantee but will use reasonable means to maintain the security and confidentiality of emails and text messages sent and received. If you agree to provide your consent, you acknowledge and consent to the following conditions:
- IN A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, DO NOT USE EMAIL OR TEXT, CALL 911. Do not use email/text for urgent problems. Please call your physician or 911 in the event of a medical emergency. Urgent messages or needs should be relayed to us by using regular telephone communication.
- Emails, texts, or chats to us should not be time-sensitive. While we try to respond to electronic messages daily, we cannot guarantee that any particular communication will be read and responded to within any particular period of time. If you have not heard back from us within three days, follow up with your clinician or care manager.
- You should speak with your Parsley Health representative to discuss complex and/or sensitive situations rather than send an email or text message. Parsley Health reserves the right to require medical topics of any kind be addressed in a visit in lieu of an electronic communication.
- You should use your best judgment when considering the use of email or text messages for communication of sensitive medical information. Parsley Health and its personnel are not responsible for the content of messages you send to Parsley Health.
- Parsley Health is not liable for breaches of confidentiality caused by you or any third party.
- It is your responsibility to follow up with your Parsley Health representative if warranted.
- By providing your cell phone number you are agreeing to receive calls and text messages from Parsley Health, including through the use of auto-dialers, at the telephone number provided, to provide you with informational, marketing and promotional materials relating to Parsley Health’s products and services.
Withdrawal of consent: You may revoke this consent at any time by advising Parsley Health in writing. To withdraw consent to text messages, respond via text with STOP. Your revocation of consent will not affect your ability to obtain future health care nor will it cause the loss of any benefits to which you are otherwise entitled.