Jason is our mindful man of the month and also the Founder and CEO of mindbodygreen, the leading independent wellness website with 10 million monthly unique visitors.
He has been featured in The New York Times, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Vogue and now, Parsley Health. His first book Wellth is a refreshing perspective on how to invest in your wellness.
Jason, you’re so mindful right now. What’s your mantra of the moment?
“Thank you.” I’m a huge believer in having a gratitude practice and I start every morning by repeating the words, “thank you.”
2. Did you sleep okay last night? What do you do when you can’t sleep?
Yes! I actually am pretty lucky that I’ve always been a decent sleeper. No matter how stressed i am, I’m usually still able to sleep.
3. Any sweet vacation plans coming up?
I love getting away to Miami. It’s a great way to get my nature fix by walking on the beach and it’s a quick flight!
4. The most important thing your mother taught you? About health or love or none of the above.
The importance of having faith. It’s very easy to have faith when things are great… but not so easy when things aren’t.
5. We have a kitchen at Parsley – when you come over what will you make us?
“Almond Chocolate Thunder.” It’s comprised of Califia Farms almond milk, almond butter, Rebuild chocolate protein powder, and frozen blackberries!
6. Almond Chocolate Thunder is a great name, and is similar to what I have almost every day for breakfast because nothing else comes close to that combo. High five for the Rebuild shake mention! Last question: What do you look for in a doctor?
Someone who is a good listener and treats the patient and not just the symptoms!
We practice Functional Medicine at Parsley. It’s an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the health care needs of the 21st century. Schedule a free consultation with us.
Sign up for our Webby Award Winning Newsletter HERE to get the goods weekly.