At Parsley Health, we are always on the lookout for delicious homemade energy bar recipes because we want to avoid eating the junk that comes in wrappers, full of ingredients which we can’t pronounce.
A lot of the energy bars you find in stores are full of sugar and often do you more harm than good, possibly leading to a sugar crash. Because of this, we always opt for homemade options that use ingredients we know and recipes we trust.
This Lemon Detox Bar recipe is one of our favorites, especially for the spring/summer time, because of the refreshing lemon and coconut taste. These detox energy bars are good for any time of the day, whether you want a bright snack to start your day or a little treat for a quick boost in the afternoon. Besides being absolutely delicious, these energy bites are great for thyroid support and liver support. Collagen powder helps your body break down proteins, while flax seeds provide a healthy amount of dietary fiber and antioxidants, helping to detox the gut.
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup Medjool dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts
- 2 tbs flax seed, ground
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 5-7 drops of doTerra Lemon essential oil
- 1 scoop Parsley vanilla rebuild protein
- 1 tablespoon Collagen Powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Zest from 2 whole lemons
Make clean eating simple and enjoyable.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and blend until mixed together well. The mix should be blended together so the dates are fully broken down. Then add the mix to a large Tupperware container lined with parchment paper. Press down and make sure the mix is compact and evenly spread out.
- Put in the freezer for 25 minutes, then cut into 4 x 2 inch long squares. Store in the freezer. Enjoy!
Want to change your diet?
Parsley Health offers personalized plans to help our patients figure out the best nutrition plan for them. Schedule a free call with one of our health experts today.