Craving something sweet? Indulge with a healthy vegan chocolate mousse from in-house Chef-in-Residence of Parsley Center NYC Carolina Santos-Neves.
Chocolate mousse is known for being rich and decadent, but with two of the main ingredients being heavy cream and sugar, it has little to offer nutritionally. Our good-for-you vegan chocolate mousse has all the flavor and the same texture as traditional chocolate mousse, but it’s packed with protein and vitamins.
How? We used our not-so-secret ingredient, Parsley Health’s Rebuild Clean Chocolate Protein. Rebuild contains a complete multivitamin, including a full set of B vitamins, important trace minerals like zinc, selenium, and manganese, and ingredients that support balanced detoxification and gastrointestinal function. It’s also sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, and soy free.
“When added with our in-house coconut yogurt, it makes for the most luscious and satisfying sweet,” says Santos Neves, who created this mouth-watering recipe. Here’s everything you need to satisfy your next sweet craving.
Parsley Health’s Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Hazelnuts
Makes 2 servings.
- 1 jar Dr. Cow Coconut Yogurt (or other creamy coconut yogurt)
- 2 scoops Parsley Health’s Rebuild Clean Chocolate Protein
- ½ tsp organic vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground organic Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp organic maple syrup (optional)
- Chopped toasted hazelnuts
1. Using a spoon or small spatula, empty out jar of coconut yogurt into a small mixing bowl.
2. Add remaining 5 ingredients and mix until smooth.
3. Divide mixture into 2 small bowls or mugs and top with the chopped hazelnuts.
4. Eat immediately, or store in fridge until serving time. Lasts up to 3 days.
Carolina Santos-Neves is a trained chef, food diplomat, culinary consultant, and founder of Call Me Caro. After graduating from Brown University in 2003, she worked as an editor at Epicurious.com for 5 years while simultaneously attending the Chef’s Training Program at the Natural Gourmet Institute. She went on to enter the restaurant world as the chef de cuisine at Comodo in 2012. Carolina is the in-house Chef-in-Residence of Parsley Center NYC.