I have to say, my Tigernut Chocolate Chip Cookies are kinda famous!
Despite its name, Tigernut flour is both nut-free and gluten-free. It’s relatively new but quickly becoming a hot trend, especially for those who follow a gluten-free diet. Tigernuts have a high level of resistant starch, which promotes prebiotic growth and supports a healthy immune and digestive track.
Because of its slightly sweet and nutty flavor, you can use it without added sugar and combine with other flours and starches such as coconut or almond flour.
In this delicious recipe, we use almond flour and coconut oil, and no added sugar! These cookies will be a family favorite in no time.
Yields 24-26 magical cookies
- 1.5 cups Tigernut flour (break up any clumps by sifting)
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1.5 tbs cinnamon (Ceylon)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Combine these ingredients and stir well
- 2 tbs gelatin powder, Great Lakes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients, mix well.
- Whisk together wet ingredients and then fold into dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips and form into small cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 13-14 minutes. Let cool and devour 🙂