Many agree. We agree. So does Kate Hudson, Christy Turlington Burns, Carloyn Murphy, Leandra Medine, Ksenia Avdulova , and now all of LA. Since its highly anticipated west coast landing in March this year, The Class has enjoyed even more fame than it did before. In less than three years since it’s New York opening, The Class has garnered recognition from Vogue, Well+Good, The TODAY Show, The Wall Street Journal and more. Taryn has taught The Class at the TEDx Conference, Wanderlust Festival, Fitness Fashion and Food (FFF) Series and DAYBREAKER.
I asked Taryn to participate in our Woman Up series, because if she isn’t an absolute shero who is?!
1. Taryn, what did you have to unlearn to get to where you are?
2. What’s your hack for getting back on track when things have derailed (post vacay, or after a particularly indulgent time)?
I start a routine that’s very similar to The Layer (our seasonal cleanse program) – take a probiotic , drink a morning tonic (lemon, ginger, turmeric, hot water), drink lots of water throughout the day, eat a diet full of vegetables and double down on meditation !
3. What are you trying to kick? Habit wise.
Sleeplessness, Fear, Self-doubt.
4. Hear Hear. And on the other hand, how are you killing it in life right now?
Community! I feel super strongly about the community around me. I couldn’t feel more full.
5. If you went to a deserted island and could take a truck load of only one type of food / snack / drink, what would it be?
I really want say seaweed but that’s dumb for 2 reasons: 1) I would be on a beach! 2) I sound like some hippy dippy wellness girl. Do you want me to be honest? I’d probably bring mezcal.
6. What’s the thing you do to remember that things are going to be ok?
Meditation and music. But not at the same time!
7. What do you love about LA?
Thank you Taryn for Womaning Up!
The Class currently hosts sessions every day of the week in New York City and will open its first flagship studio in Tribeca soon! The Class also established a pop-up presence in Los Angeles in March 2016 and we’re excited to be following in their (beach sand) footsteps!
LA, we’re coming for you!!
Become a Parsley Founding Member before we open on Sept 1st and get 40% off our annual membership! That’s bonkers. Let’s talk.