Summer is all about fresh produce! When it comes to snacking and veggies, chances are you reach for carrot sticks, kale chips, even celery and peanut butter. But have you ever thought about baked radishes? If not, you’re missing out!
Radishes are nutritionally rich with magnesium, potassium and B vitamins to support your liver. Most people eat radishes raw and never experience them roasted. They are a lower carbohydrate alternative to potatoes, carrots, beets and squash. They also make a great salad topping when you need a little extra crunch!
- 1 head of raw radishes
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper
Roasted Radishes Directions:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Wash and cut radishes in half. You can save the radish greens too and sauté them in oil on the stove– they are highly nutritious!
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Place radishes on parchment paper and mix in avocado oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the radishes start to brown and slightly crisp. Stir half way.
Photo courtesy of Unsplash