This no-bake sweet recipe is one for the whole family. It is a delicious and healthy alternative to candy bars, and good for any time of the day! You can substitute almond butter instead of peanut butter for more variety.
To sweeten things up, the recipe uses medjool dates instead of sugar. Dates, also known as “nature’s power fruit”, will help to decrease cholesterol and boost bone health. They will give you a natural energy boost without the dreaded sugar crash. These energy balls are good for pre and post workout snacks, or just a midday bite to keep you going!
Schedule a free conversation With a Parsley Health expert to learn about our comprehensive approach to mental health.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1 cup of medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds.
1. Blend dates and water together in a food processor until they form a paste.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until they form a dough like substance
3. Make into balls and refrigerate overnight.
4. Makes 12-14 depending on the size. Enjoy!