Tis the season of holiday parties and for better or worse, that usually includes an overload of bites and sips.
If you’re trying to find balance, just look to this guilt-free holiday snack recipe. With only seven ingredients, these gluten-free chocolate peppermint truffles are one of the easiest holiday indulgences you can make. They’re also incredibly versatile. Not a fan of peppermint? Leave it out and replace it with another flavor of your choosing.
You can also switch things up by rolling the truffles in nuts, toasted coconut flakes, or melted chocolate. Feel free to get creative, and make this healthy holiday snack recipe your own!
Learn how our approach to smarter, whole-body medicine can bring you to life-changing health.
Gluten-Free and Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- 6oz dairy-free chocolate (like this one)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ – ¾ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- In a double boiler, heat coconut milk and coconut oil over low heat until melted. Add the chocolate, stirring frequently to ensure that it doesn’t burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove it from the heat. Add the peppermint, vanilla, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated and the chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 1-2 hours, or until firm.
- Using a 1” melon baller or tablespoon, scoop out the chocolate and roll between the palms of your hands to make balls and place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pour the cocoa powder into a small bowl and roll the balls in the cocoa powder to coat.
- Store the finished truffles in the refrigerator. Allow them to come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving.