- What’s Included
- 5 visits with a Parsley doctor
- Virtual visits via phone or secure video (your initial doctor’s visit must be in person)
- 24 health coaching visits, or 2 visits per month
- Unlimited messaging with your doctor and health coach for quick questions
- Access to advanced holistic medicine, biomarker and genetic testing
- Access to Parsley’s professional-grade supplements
- Vitamin injections as recommended
- Membership in the Parsley Community!
- Member events and partner discounts including the best yoga, physical therapy and acupuncture in town
- Online scheduling, payment, and refill requests
- Access to notes, lab reports, and your entire health record online
- In some cases, FSA/HSA dollars may be applied to Parsley membership fees
- What’s NOT Included
- Supplements and Detox Programs members choose to purchase through Parsley or other retailers
- Laboratory test costs
- Most lab tests are fully or partially covered by your health insurance plan
- Some may not be covered or may require a co-pay
- Medications whether prescribed or over-the-counter
- Services provided other than by Parsley, such as emergency and specialist care, will be billed to you or your insurance plan by those providers
- In most cases, FSA/HSA dollars may be applied to tests and medications
- The Details
- Click here for detailed terms and conditions
- Your membership starts the day you register online
- You have 12 months to use your 5 physician visits and 24 coaching visits. After that time your membership may be renewed. Visits do not roll over.
- Pay in monthly installments of $149 (that totals $1,788)
- Or pay $1640 up front and get your first month free!
- You have 30 days from the day you register to change your mind and receive a full refund, less a $149 registration fee, if you do not come in for your first visit with your doctor during that time
- If you have already had your initial visit with your Parsley doctor and are dissatisfied with your service for any reason, if it is within 60 days of your initial registration date, you may cancel your membership for a full refund minus a $149 registration fee plus a cancellation fee of $599
- Once you’ve had your second visit (health coach or doctor), your membership is considered activated and cannot be refunded
- What about insurance?
- We do not accept any form of insurance
- However, you may submit your receipts to insurance and your policy may cover out of network services according to their rules
- And, if you are overweight or obese you may be entitled to partial coverage for our weight-loss services
- What about one time consultations?
- Membership is core to our philosophy. Because our functional medicine membership costs about what one visit costs at comparable practices, we do not offer a one time consultation. Our mission is to help you see results and results that last take time. We believe you deserve access to a meaningful amount of care and the opportunity to work with our team over time at an affordable price
Parsley Health has transformed the way I think about my health. I eat with intention now, drink water infused with lemon to stay alert and energized, and exercise with more energy because of how well my body is functioning. Robin is a healer and a guide to a practical way to feel better and to look better. Her holistic approach is the anti-fad; it’s thorough and easy to follow – the results are truly awesome."
Chef and Author
Parsley Health is an amazing intersection of technology and healthcare. Having access to all of my medical labs, tests and notes in one place makes managing my own health so much easier than ever before. Add to it that Parsley Health makes functional medicine approachable and affordable, and Dr. Berzin and her team are dedicated and skilled at treating chronic illness and coaching sustainable wellness, makes it one of the best things you can do for your own health.”
Consulting with Parsley has been so encouraging; their advice has been pivotal in helping me move towards a new level of all-around wellness."
Parsley has helped me make smarter decisions with my lifestyle choices and has left me feeling better and healthier than I have ever been."
Parsley gave me a plan and a support system. They were willing to wade through the storm with me. I felt relieved and for the first time – hopeful.”
Important Membership Terms
- When does my membership start?Membership begins the day you register online.
- What if I change my mind?
You have 30 days from the day you register online to change your mind to receive a full refund of your membership fee, minus a $149 registration fee, provided you have not yet come in for your initial visit with your doctor or health coach.
If you have already had your initial visit with your Parsley doctor and are dissatisfied with your service for any reason, if it is within 60 days of your initial registration date, you may cancel your membership for a full refund minus a $149 registration fee plus a cancellation fee of $599.
If you would like to cancel within the 30 day window email firstname.lastname@example.org. Temporary interruptions in the availability of or access to Parsley’s services or interruptions due to circumstances outside of Parsley’s control will not create a right to cancel your membership or request a refund/credit.
- What is NOT included in a membership?
The following are not included in your membership fee:
- Supplements members choose to purchase through Parsley or other sources.
- The cost of laboratory tests.
- Many lab tests are covered fully or partially by your health insurance plan, however some may not be covered at all, or may require a co-pay.
- Healthcare services other than those specified above, whether provided by Parsley or others. Services provided other than by Parsley, such as emergency and specialist care, will be billed to you or your insurance plan by those providers.
- Non-medical services recommended by Parsley but provided by others, such as acupuncture and fitness classes.
- Medications whether prescribed or over-the-counter.
- What are the restrictions on virtual doctor’s visits?If you are NOT a New York or California resident, your initial visit at Parsley Health must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
- What if I am an annual member and I need more than 5 visits?
We find that most people do not require more than 5 doctor’s visits per year. However, those members with complicated or recurring medical problems requiring more than 5 physician visits annually may do one of the following:
- Add physician visits for an additional fee of $250 per visit.
- Or, alternatively, upgrade their membership to unlimited physician visits for an additional one time fee of $1000. Upgrading to the unlimited visit membership applies to the current membership year only.
- What counts as a visit with a Parsley doctor?
- Initial in person visits are always scheduled for 75 minutes. Initial virtual visits are 60 minutes.
- The first follow up visit will be 60 minutes and may be in person, via phone, or via video/telemedicine.
- Additional visits will last 30 minutes and can be in person, via phone or via telemedicine/video.
- Simple medical questions can be handled via email or via the patient portal and non-medical questions can be addressed by the Parsley health coaches and staff.
- Email etiquetteMembers have unlimited email contact with their Parsley provider team through the patient portal. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of Parsley’s staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
- Scheduling and canceling appointments
- There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a Parsley doctor, any health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
- No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
- We are not an insurance plan and do not take the place of an insurance planWe advise all members to maintain a separate health insurance plan of their choosing. You should also note that the Affordable Care Act (commonly called “Obama Care”) includes a general requirement that all U.S. citizens purchase health insurance. A Parsley membership does not meet this requirement.
- We are not your conventional primary care physician
For many of our members we can take the place of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours we are often able to take care of acute requests. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection.
It is important to note the following however:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24 hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
- We are not specialistsIf you need to see an OBGYN, a surgeon, or a cardiologist, for example, you will be referred appropriately. The costs associated with the services provided by specialists or any other healthcare provider outside of Parsley are not covered by your Parsley membership.
- We are not an emergency or urgent care center and we are not available 24-hours per dayOur availability is during normal working hours and your ability to reach us or access our services at any given time may be limited. If you require urgent care you should immediately call 911 or contact an emergency care provider such as a local hospital or emergency room. The costs associated with emergency care services are not covered by your Parsley membership.
- We do not bill insurance companies
- The cost of any services provided by Parsley which are not included in the membership fee will be billed to you directly.
- Non-Parsley medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
- Parsley Health will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
- We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
- The cost of any services provided by Parsley which are not included in the membership fee will be billed to you directly.
- About lab tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Parsley physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Parsley Health.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with a Parsley doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Parsley physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Parsley, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed. This is not included in your membership fee.
- Specimens: As a member you are not charged anything to have your lab specimen collected by our nursing staff at the Parsley Health office. You may also elect to have your specimen collected at a local collection center of your choice such as a LabCorp facility, in which case we will provide you with the documentation you need via the patient portal.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs however, including Bioreference, which is a lab often used by Parsley Health because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.
- Your Parsley membership is personal to you!It may not be shared, assigned or transferred to anyone else even if you are not using it. Parsley does offer employers the opportunity to provide Parsley’s services to their employees on a discounted group basis. For more information on this, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Our locationsOur Parsley Health office locations are as follows:
New York City Office: 120 E 23rd St New York, NY 10010.
Los Angeles Office: 12655 W Jefferson Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90066.
San Francisco Office: 600 California Street San Francisco, CA 94109.
Our services are available at our office and of course remotely via phone, video (telemedicine), the web and email as noted above.
- Before your first visit – a couple of things!Prior to your first scheduled visit to Parsley you will be required to provide medical and health background information online via our secure questionnaire and to sign certain releases/authorizations and other documents regarding the care to be provided. You will not be able to access our medical care services until this paperwork is completed. Instructions for completion of this paperwork will be provided separately.